MOTIVATIONAL MILITARY QUOTES & SAYINGS
Hey pals! Check out our amazing collection of motivational military quotes.
Motivational Military quotes are something that can keep your spirit high.
The Military is the pride of a country. Undoubtedly, without brave troopers, there can be no incredible armed force. Military life can appear to be difficult and scary sometimes. Motivation comes from different spots, and these inspirational military quotes are an incredible spot to begin when you need some additional inspiration.
Throughout history, there have been numerous wars. They all have their legends and the bravest people, as well. Here is a collection of enthusiastic and motivational military quotes from brave personalities of the past.
Our military has the right to be respected and appreciated. The freedom we have is a result of the brave people of the military who devote their lives to ensure the security of the country. If you have a friend or family member who is in the military, appreciate them with any of the below inspirational military quotes and let them realize that you value them.
Here are the best inspirational military quotes:
MOTIVATIONAL MILITARY QUOTES By Leaders
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.”
– John F. Kennedy
”Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”
– Mary Roach
”Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
– Douglas MacArthur
”Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.”
– Dwight D. Eisenhower
”I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.”
– The Duke of Wellington
”If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.”
– David Hackworth
Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.
-Franklin P. Jones
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity.
“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. —Thucydides”
– Dave Grossman, On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace
”No guts, no glory.”
–Major Gen. Frederick C. Blessed
”This country has not seen and probably will never know the true level of sacrifice of our veterans”. As a civilian, I owe an unpayable debt to all our military. Going forward let’s not send our servicemen and women off to war or conflict zones unless it is overwhelmingly justifiable and on moral high ground.”
– Thomas M Smith
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”
– George S. Patton Jr.
“Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”
– Winston Churchill
“Who dares, wins. Who sweats, wins. Who plans, wins.”
– British Special Air Service (SAS)
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
-John F. Kennedy
Gratitude is a duty that ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect.
Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
“soldiers can sometimes make decisions that are smarter than the orders they have been given.”
– Orson Scott Card, Enders Game
“I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.”
– Alexander the Great
“The Army is the true nobility of our country.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
– Albert Einstein
“Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
– Benjamin Franklin
“This will remain the land of the free so long as it is the home of the brave.”
We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.
Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone
. -Gertrude Stein
“If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don’t get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
Best MOTIVATIONAL MILITARY QUOTES
“Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.”
– Colonel David Hackworth
“Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.”
– John F. Kennedy
“From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.
― Thomas Jefferson
“Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.
― George Washington
“Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.”
– Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“Freedom is never free.”
“It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”
— General H. Norman Schwarzkopf
“We must never forget why we have, and why we need our military. Our armed forces exist solely to ensure our nation is safe, so that each and every one of us can sleep soundly at night, knowing we have ‘guardians at the gate.”
– Allen West
“The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.”
– Judd Gregg
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
– G.K. Chesterton
“The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.”
– Kim Jong-un
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”
– Winston S. Churchill
The best way out is always through.
Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don’t fail forever.
-Lana Del Rey
Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.
– Jim Mattis
“It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … [with] discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self-confidence born of demonstrated ability.”
― George S. Patton Jr.
“He loves his country best who strives to make it best.”
– Robert G. Ingersoll
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
– Elmer Davis
“What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will certainly be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy’s doubts is invincible.”
― Cao Cao
“May the sun in his course visit no land freer, happier, more lovely, than this our own country!”
– Sen. Daniel Webster
“On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.”
– Dan Lipinski
“If you can’t experience the humanity of people who don’t look like you, you’re not civilized enough to be an officer of the peace.”
― Ann Medlock
“Two out of every three professional officers considered that wars were made for armies and not armies for wars.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald
“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
– Cynthia Ozick
“Surprise is an event that occurs in the mind of an enemy commander.”
― Jerry Pournelle
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”
– Joseph Campbell
“No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”
– Gen. Douglas MacArthur
“True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.”
– Robert Reich
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
– John Quincy Adams
“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”
– Maya Angelou
MOTIVATIONAL MILITARY QUOTES For Success
- “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor – and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
- Patriotism demands us sustained sacrifice. -Chiang Kai-shek
- It is the pride of my heart to have been one of the earliest adopted sons of America. -Marquis de Lafayette
- “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.” – Helmuth von Moltke
- “The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” ― George Patton
- “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
- “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ― George Orwell
- “If you wage war, do it energetically and with severity. This is the only way to make it shorter and consequently less inhuman.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
- “I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” –
- George W. Bush
- Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it. -Woodrow Wilson
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. -Winston Churchill
- Take patriotism away, and the nation’s soul has fled. -Edward Mark Deems
- “To be prepared against surprise is to be trained. To be prepared for surprise is to be educated.” – James Carse
- “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.” – Thucydides
- “True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job.” –Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr
- “The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength — and strength alone.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” – Nathan Hale
- “Could I have but a line a century hence crediting a contribution to the advance of peace, I would gladly yield every honor which has been accorded me in war.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “It is long since I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value.” – Alexander Hamilton
- “Modern war is the most highly developed of all sciences. We have perfected our weapons but failed to perfect the men who use them.” – Billy Graham
- “They’ve got us surrounded — the poor bastards.” – An unnamed medic
- “People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” – Richard Grenier
- “Live for something rather than die for nothing.” – General George S. Patton
- Share these motivational military quotes with your friends!
- If you want to share your thoughts with your loved ones or your friends and send them these military motivational quotes through messages or on WhatsApp. You are at the right place. @ajquotes knows how to put your feelings into words. Choose any of the above best motivational military quotes and share them with your spouse or friends. Visit @ajquotes for more relatable quotes and Shayari on all topics of life. We care for your sentiments and thoughts. We know well how to express your feelings!
Check out our latest collection of quotes!