Inspirational Quotes for Recovering Addicts 2021
Check out our latest collection of quotes on recovery 2021
These inspirational recovery quotes are for you to help you stay focused on your recovery path. By digesting these quotes on recovery you will feel better and stronger and will stay motivated on your track of life.
If you are a drug addict and feel intimidating. Then don’t worry these quotes will work as a boost of encouragement. You need not worry you are not alone in this journey because @ajuotes has collected out the best recovery quotes for you to stay motivated.
These quotes will inspire you to live your life to the fullest. No matter how steep the path of recovery seems, you have to battle addiction and live an alcohol-free lifestyle.
If you or your loved one is on the path of recovery share these insightful and wise recovery quotes with them and help them cope up with this battle. Addiction recovery is possible only if you make up your mind to never give up. During treatment and beyond, read these positive quotes on recovery and take little steps towards a better lifestyle that you are proud of.
Here is the Best Recovery Quotes Addiction:
- “The road to Recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long.” — Amanda Lindhout
- “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I really mean it when I say my biggest fear in early recovery was that I would never have fun again. The beautiful truth is that recovery has given me freedom and the confidence to go out in the world and leave my own mark.” – Tom Stoddart
- “There is no shame in beginning again, for you get a chance to build bigger and better than before.” – Leon Brown
- “The path of descent is the path of transformation. Darkness, failure, relapse, death, and woundedness are our primary teachers, rather than ideas or doctrines.” – Richard Rohr
- “Sometimes, there are multiple relapses before you get sober and stay sober.” – David Sheff
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
– Japanese proverb
“If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you.”
– Mary Pickford
Recovery Quotes and Sayings 2021
- “Recovery is taking all twelve steps…over and over and over and over…” – Toni Sorenson
- “Recovery is not a race. You don’t have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would.” – Unknown
- “Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them – every day, begin the task anew.” – Saint Francis de Sales
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
- “Recovery is something you have to work on every single day, and it’s something that doesn’t get a day off.” – Demi Lovato
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
“One thing you must realize is that: you either kill your addiction or your addiction will eventually kill you.”
– Oche Otorkpa
“Someone once told me, ‘I heard you finally got rid of your addiction.’ I smiled and said, ‘No, addiction doesn’t work like that. Once you have it, you will always have it. I just choose not to feed it.’”
“First, you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
“The fact that you woke up this morning is proof that this day has already been predetermined in your favor.”
— Russ Kyle
“Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don’t give up.”
— Anne Lamott
“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.” — Sade Andria Zabala
“Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day, and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off.” — Demi Lovato
“Blame is such a self-defeating choice. It renders one helpless, putting any solution well out of reach, for we rarely can change others. Consider this, a solution well within your reach, someone you can surely change: yourself.” — Russ Kyle
“My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life does not have to come last.” — Unknown
“You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.” — Joel Osteen
AA Recovery Quotes And Sayings
- “My favorite six words in recovery are: trust God, clean house and help others.” — Matthew Perry
- “It takes a lot of strength to ride the storm of addiction, but it’s worth it.” — Maggie Swann
- “I used drugs to feel better. I quit drugs to be better.” – Unknown
- “The goal isn’t to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you don’t need to drink.” – Anonymous
- “Recovery is not for people who need it. It’s for people who want it.” – Unknown
- “Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind.” – Anne Fletcher
- “I am not defined by my relapses, but by my decision to remain in recovery despite them.” – Anonymous
“You don’t get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier to not use. If you don’t create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again.”
“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.”
— George Chakiris
“Relax. Breathe. It takes time, but there is a great joy to be had in moments of every day. Just remember, you’re learning new steps, a new dance.”
— Lisa Frederiksen
“A compassionate approach leads to less addiction.”
— Johann Hari
“It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.”
Getting sober is a radically creative act.
– Meredith Bell
“Relapses are almost an inevitable part of any course of self-development.”
– Phillipa Perry
“Part of recovery is relapse. I dust myself off and move forward again.”
– Steven Alder
“Rather than viewing a brief relapse back to inactivity as a failure, treat it as a challenge and try to get back on track as soon as possible.”
– Jimmy Connors
“Life is a series of relapses and recoveries.”
– George Ade
“There’s no such thing as quitting. Just sometimes, there’s a long pause between relapses.”
– Alan Moore
“The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.”
– Bishop W.C. Magee
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
– Theodore Roosevelt
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Drug Addiction Recovery Quotes And Sayings
- I don’t need alcohol to see the world in its depths, I carry the sun in me.
- – Lamine Pearlheart
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
- – Robert Collier
- “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley
- “You have to break down before you can breakthrough.” – Marilyn Ferguson
- “I guess the worst day I have had was when I had to stand up in rehab in front of my wife and daughter and say, ‘Hi, my name is Sam, and I am an addict.” – Samuel J. Jackson
- If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.– Zen proverb
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fail.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Change your thoughts, change your life.
– Lao Tzu
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
– Japanese proverb
Don’t let the past steal your present.
– Terri Guillemets
The best way out is always through.
– Robert Frost
“We should be open to change to ensure that our addiction to life always remains under check.”
– Dr. Prem Jagyasi
“Addiction denied is recovery delayed.”
– Mokokoma Mokhonoana
“Addiction brings apathy. Break the apathy, and you break the addiction.”
– Mango Wodzak
“Your addiction is not you, but it feels like you because you’ve spent so much intimate time together.”
– Toni Sorenson
“Addiction is a repeated temporary…stilling. I am concerned with peace…not mere relief.”
– Edward Albee
“Alcoholism is, above all, a disease of denial.”
– David Stafford
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.
– C.S. Lewis
Recovery is not a race. You don’t have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would.
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
– Robert Louis Stevenson
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
Share these recovery quotes 2021 with your friends!
If you want to share your thoughts with your loved ones or your friends and send them these recovery quotes through messages or on WhatsApp. You are at the right place. @ajquotes knows how to put your feelings into words. Choose any of the above best recovery quotes and share them with your spouse or friends. Visit @ajquotes for more relatable quotes and Shayari on all topics of life. We care for your sentiments and thoughts. We know well how to express your feelings!
Check out our latest collection of quotes!